Sunday, July 8, 2012

Scatter Kindness

Finally got my Scatter Kindness wall hanger finished!  I feel like I’ve been doing really well getting my stitching done, but they’re starting to mount up in my “to finish” drawer so I’m glad I at least got this taken care of. My goal is to finish at least another two this week. Fingers crossed.

For this hanger, I bought a piece of piece of birch wood at Michaels and covered it with some green leaves designer paper. Then I took my finished stitching, mounted it on some foam board and glued it on before finishing it with some trim and accessories. There was definitely a lot “going on” with this pattern, but I enjoyed stitching it just because of all the colors. I’ve already checked out the Shepherd’s Bush collection and have my eye on a few more.




Pattern: Scatter Kindness
Designer: Shepherd’s Bush
Fibers: DMC
Fabric: 28 ct. Jobelan in Bone

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Julie said...

You come up with some great finishing ideas.

Pam in IL said...

I LOVE your Scatter Kindness finish!

Carol said...

What an adorable finish, Alyssa! Good luck with your finishing plans this week :)

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful- love this hanging- how do you get so much done and work? I love the way you finished this hanging!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...