Thursday, July 19, 2012

Queen Bee

Got another finish done today which is always a good thing. This pattern stitched up rather quickly so that always helps. I had many different ideas for finishing this pattern and then ultimately ended up putting it in a dry-brushed eggplant and sage frame. It took me forever to match the colors perfectly, but it finally all came together. I'm still trying to figure out if I need to embellish the frame or if it's fine on it's own. This means it will go to the "think tank table" until I decide... decisions, decisions. :)

Speaking of frames, I've been getting a lot of e-mails from people asking where I buy my frames. I actually don't buy them, my dad makes them in his studio and then I hand-paint them based on the design/colors/theme of the pattern. I'm sure he would be willing to make frames if you need them in specific sizes. E-mail me to let me know!




Pattern: Queen Bee
Designer: Little House Needleworks
Fabric: 28 ct lambswool Jobelan
Fibers: DMC
Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

jimlynn said...

Oh Alissa, I LOVE THIS!!!! So pretty and just the right frame for it too. Lovely.
AND, I get to pin another one to my Pinterest board!
Hugs, Lynn

Carol said...

Gorgeous shade of eggplant you used, Alissa!! Your latest frame and finish are adorable!

Sally said...

What a gorgeous finish Alissa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...