Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Curly Q Ewe

Isn't it the best feeling when you finish a large-scale project? I've been trying to work on this a little bit each night, so it seemed to go faster than I originally thought it would. It also turned out to be much larger than I thought it would be so I ended up having to have a second frame made -- but it's all worth it now that it's done! I originally painted the frame black and then went back and decided to rough it up a little and dry brush in some grey to give it a little bit more of a rustic look. 

I love Little House Needleworks designs because there is essentially no backstitching involved. Especially with large projects, it makes a big difference. Don't you think?



Pattern: Curly Q Ewe
Designer: Little House Needleworks
Fabric: 28 ct linen
Fibers: DMC

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

jimlynn said...

Alissa, this is great! Love the way you did the frame but the stitchery is wonderful! Cute little gal with her sheep!
Lynn

Carol said...

It's been so long since I stitched a larger project, I can't even remember that feeling, Alissa!! Your finish is adorable--great job on the frame, too :)

Erin Turowski said...

Oh, that is super cute! I like the fact that it is a primitive design but still uses fairly modern colors. It is a nice contrast! :)

-Erin
Less B*tching, More Stitching!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...