Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Garden Romance

Very rarely do I find that I stitch patterns from books/magazines. I don't know why that is as I surely have enough to last a lifetime -- but nonetheless, it rarely happens. However, I came across this book on Amazon, "Great Cross Stitch Books" and when I saw that it was only a dollar ($3 with shipping), I couldn't resist.

Within the first few pages, there are nearly a dozen small (3x3) really cute patterns. I had just bought some really pretty K&Co. scrapbook paper that I thought would compliment the floral pattern nicely, so i decided to simply mount the finished product to a decoupaged 6x6 block of wood and added an interior frame. It was a really pleasant weekend project so I'm thinking I might tackle a few more of these patterns in the upcoming weeks.


Thanks for stopping by!


6 comments:

jimlynn said...

SO PRETTY!!! Alissa, I love this simple yet elegant and fun pattern. Great way to mount it on that 12X12 paper too. Fabulous!
Lynn

Anonymous said...

Hi Alissa, it's Mary. I just bought this on Etsy. I will PayPal the additional 15 dollars when I get home. thanks again. This is beautiful. I can't wait to hang this up in my bedroom. Do you think u will be making more of these? you can e-mail me back at marymichaels1@hotmail.coom

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is gorgeous! I love the colors- and how you outlined the Cross stitching.

Pam in IL said...

Beautiful! I love the colors and the way you finished it.

Cathy -- Sleeping Fox Stitchery said...

How lovely!

Carol said...

I just love this one, Alissa!! Really beautiful finish (like always!!)...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...