Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Housework Never Killed Anyone

I just finished up this custom order wall hanger for Martha-Marie in Rhode Island.


As I've mentioned, I'm lucky enough that I have a dad with a wood-working studio so I'm always able to have my frames custom-made, which in the cross-stitch world is HUGE. The pattern is from Lizzie Kate and was stitched on 28 ct Jobelan. I made no color substitutions based on Martha-Marie's wishes. I'm never super fond of stitching letters and words as I tend to get a little annoyed with all the thread changes, but surprisingly it stitched up quickly so I have no complaints. The background took the longest probably as I went back and forth about 100 times before settling on the simple stripes. I hope I made the right decision and she likes it! More projects and my second giveaway are coming so stay tuned.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

jimlynn said...

Lovely! Love that sentiment AND the frame is fantastic. You're so lucky to have your dad nearby and to be so talented!
Lynn

Shelly Schmidt said...

Fabulous sentiment- I am so allergic to dust...I like it very much! You are so talented- and so lucky to have a dad at your Rt hand to custom make all of your frames!

Carol said...

I think you made a perfect choice with the striped background, Alissa! It looks great :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...