Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Live, Laugh, Love Finish

Just shipped out this Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Deeply wall hanger for Joanne in Wisconsin and I'm hoping she really likes it. I stitched this Lizzie Kate design on 28ct ivory linen and mounted it to foam board before adding the purple cording and adhering it to the board. The board is made of 1/2" oak that I painted a "Victorian Green" and sealed before adding the heavy-duty hooks. I used a lighter shade of purple cording for the hanger itself. This pattern was a joy to stitch - I didn't even have to sub any colors. 


Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Carol said...

What a great finish, Alissa! I'm sure Joanne will give it a place of honor in her home :)

jimlynn said...

LOVE the way you did the cording around this! What a treasure!
Lynn

Shelly Schmidt said...

WOW- this is beautiful!!! You are amazingly talented!

milly said...

Hi

Just found your blog on the TUSAL list.

Congratulations on your finish, it's so lovely!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...