Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Veggie Sampler Box FINISHED!!!

I'm so happy to finally post pictures of my finished vegetable sampler box! This box was a special request order I received from Mary in Montana who was looking for a green, vintage box to hold recipe cards collected from a bridal shower. She chose the veggie sampler pattern. At first, I wasn't sure how it would turn out, but I couldn't be happier.



I'm extremely fortunate to have a dad with a wood-working shop, so rather than buying cheap, iffy-quality boxes from retail stores, I'm able to get my high-quality stuff from him. This box is 7x7x4 and has a heavy-duty latch. I sanded, painted, and sealed the box with some sage green acrylic paint, and then added some green fabric to the inside for a finishing touch. The stitched pattern was mounted to a foam mounting board and then trimmed with some 1/2" chocolate brown braided cord. I enjoyed this project so much, I'm already starting on my next box top.

Thanks for stopping by!
 







3 comments:

Carol said...

Your vegetable box looks gorgeous, Alissa--beautifully stitched and finished :)

jimlynn said...

WOW, WOW, WOW! What a beautiful box this is! Outstanding!!
Lynn

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- this is amazing! The stitching is fabulous and I love the box and braid trim! This would look great in my kitchen.....: )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...