Monday, June 13, 2011

Watercolor Therapy

I ended up having a little extra "me" time this weekend and even though I kept telling myself I had a ton of crafting to get done, I just couldn't seem to get myself really into it, and spent the majority of it lounging around. Sometimes you need those types of veg-out weekends, and I must say that the terrential downpours we had in CT helped me do just that. Besides catching up on all my DVR recordings and getting some reading in (I finally finished The Hunger Games trilogy, ya!), I picked up my watercolor paints for the first time in years and messed around. I came up with a bunch of silly designs, but it reminded me of how therapeutic art can be.

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

jimlynn said...

Not silly at all Alissa! A work of art if you ask me....just beautiful!
Lynn

Crafty Cre8tions said...

Silly?????????? This is gorgeous!!!!!
Wow !!!!!!!!!!

So glad you made WONDERFUL use of your 'easy' weekend!!!

So impressed!!
Maria

Karen Howard said...

Alissa, how pretty! You are a natural at watercoloring! Sorry it has been so long since I stopped by! Hugs, Karen

Carrie said...

beautiful Alissa!! gorgeous colors

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful- you have such a great eye for color! Beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...