Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Greeting Card Storage

I'm so excited to post photos of my new greeting card display that my dad made! He retired this past Friday, which totally works out for me since he's now home and able to make me cool stuff. Because let's face it -- it's all about me. :)




He made the three-tiered shelf out of oak, and constructed it perfectly so that I have about a 1" lip to hold my cards in well. I can fit approximately 12-15 cards per tier, or 36-45 total. I've wanted one of these shelves for the longest time just simply because it keeps all of my cards looking nice and neatly organized. There's definitely something to be said about seeing your work on display in your own craft room. But I think the best part is that greeting card organizers like this one sell online for upwards of $50, and he told me it cost him about 15 bucks. SCORE!

Thanks for stopping by!
 



7 comments:

jimlynn said...

Um....I think you need to send your dad to MY house!!! This is just super.
Lynn

*Heart2Heart* said...

Thats brilliant...would love the space for one of them! Your cards look so pretty on display! :)

x

Marilyn said...

It's perfect, isn't it? Such a great display... Lynn's right, send Dad on his rounds... he can come to my place after he's been to hers.

Kimberly F said...

That is soooo nice Alissa. Have him make me one. I've been pricing them, and you're right, they're like 50 bucks - and they're not even wood. Then they have to ship them. sheesh!

Jenny said...

I wish I had a handy dad like this. I want one! :)

Crafty Cre8tions said...

Awesome!!!!!!!! I've scored two greeting card racks over the past year! They are just great to keep the cards in :)
So happy for you!
Maria

Carrie said...

wow that is one awesome display... you lucky girl to have such a great dad to make that for you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...