Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Sedona Sunrise Mixed Media Necklace



The paper beads take me a good amount of time to make, but I still think they're one of the coolest things a paper crafter can make. The paper is wrapped tightly and then sealed with layers of non-toxic, high-gloss varnish and then left to dry for hours. Again, they're very time-consuming, but worth it, as the designs are endless. And unlike regular glass and gemstone beads, these beads are completely customizable. In fact, I've literally had people e-mail me a picture of them in a specific outfit and asked me to make something to match. And although they can probably stand on their own, I always add crystals or gemstones to them just to jazz them up a little.

Another question I always get is who the "model" is on my site. It's my "big sister" Lisa. Isn't she great?  We have the best time taking these pictures and always say we should do a behind-the-scenes blooper reel. I told her I need to write up a bio for her since she's so famous, but of course that will happen when I actually start updating the website as often as I should.... :)

Thanks again for all the great e-mails and entry forms on the site. I appreciate the love!


Thanks for stopping by!


5 comments:

jimlynn said...

WOW Alisa, I didn't even know you did these and have never seen something like them before - they're fantastic!!! Surely they take hours and hours to complete! You have so much talent AND patience!!
Your sister is just beautiful. Very pretty and looks like a REAL model - which I guess she is!
Lynn

Kellyann said...

I have been waiting for you to post one of these. I have ordered 5 of them and each one is prettier than the next. I've always wondered who the model is. I'm glad you mentioned her. It adds a special touch to your art and she is a beautiful compliment to your pieces. I love your shop. Just wanted you to know. Hugs. Kellyann

Crafty Cre8tions said...

Wow - so awesome!!!! Gorgeous!! And your sister modeled it perfectly! (love her hair too!)
maria

Paige said...

Gorgeous necklace - you are so very talented. Your sister is a beautiful model for you!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I had no idea you made jewelry- you are multi-talented my friend! What a lovely necklace. Wow- your sister is beautiful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...