Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Do You Etsy?

I have recently acquainted myself with Etsy, and I am addicted!

Here's what I've found:

From a seller's point of view, I'm not quite sure how I feel. Because I have my own website that I get the majority of my custom orders and sales from, I keep running into an issue with the fact that you can't mark an item as sold at Etsy, you can only make it inactive, meaning I will ultimately keep losing $.20 when the item I list sells at www.StarryNightsStudio.com. Not a huge deal - but a bit of a pain in the you know what.

From a buyer's point of view though, I love every single thing there is to love. I'm a compulsive shopper to begin with, so this isn't really a stretch for me. I have found myself spending hours looking at all the different handmade items and I constantly find myself saying "people are just so talented!" If you haven't already, you really need to check it out and join me in the addiction!


As part of my new-found love for Etsy and all things handmade, I have decided to add a "Treasury Tuesday" feature to my blog to feature some of my Etsians and their uber-creative and fabulous items. If you're on Etsy and have items you would like me to feature, or think I should see, please leave comments or e-mail me directly. I'm always looking for new stuff!

My first treasury, of course, just had to have a Starry Nights theme right? ;)
                                                                                                                                                                         

SALE Van Gogh's Starry N...
$8.50

Van Gogh Starry Night Double...
$10.00

The Starry Night - handmade ...
$26.00

Vincent's Starry Night N...
$6.95

ON SALE Starry Snowy Night M...
$12.50

ON SALE Swirly Starry Night ...
$35.00

New England Starry Night Han...
$85.00

Starry Night shoe and purse ...
$250.00

Starry Starry Night Art Repr...
$20.00

Starry Starry Night Handmade...
$65.00

Hand Cut Wooden Vincent van ...
$45.00

Decorative Mouse Pad Mousepa...
$12.00

Starry Night Millefiore Earr...
$16.00

Starry Night Serving Bowl
$55.00

Starry Night- Van Gough Insp...
$34.00

Gumpaste Butterfly - Van Gog...
$22.00



Thanks for stopping by!



6 comments:

beadedjewelrybysusan said...

Thanks so much for including my Starry Starry Night Millefiore Earrings from Beaded Jewelry by Susan in your lovely treasury and for showing it on your blog. Etsy is a great place to shop for yourself or for gifts. I hope some of your blog readers will check out my shop at http://beadedjewelrybysusan.etsy.com and read my blog at http://www.beadedjewelrybysusan.blogspot.com. Have a great day!

Sajol Kizmi said...

Are you closing your shop and selling at another store? I would like to continue buying all of my greeting cards from you. Shoild I just keep mailing you if I cannot use the contact form? Please let met know. I would also like you to make me a card like your pouty pants card but in blue. I just filled out the form 20 minutes ago. Thank you

Alissa said...

Hi Sajol!

I am not closing my shop, you can continue to use the contact form for your custom orders. I did see your request and I'll start working on it right away. Thanks for stopping by. :)

Crafty Cre8tions said...

These are great!!! I do love Etsy and I have to go there more often for gifts!! Thanks for the reminder!!!
Maria

Website Design India said...

This is a really good read for me. Must agree that you are one of the coolest bloggers I ever saw. Thanks for posting this informative blog.

Lisa K said...

I love your Starry Starry Night treasury. Isn't Etsy addictive? I could sit for hours just looking at all of the wonderful art made by so many creative people around the world.
Thanks for sharing your finds on Tuesdays! Now it's off to Etsy to look at your picks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...