Thursday, January 13, 2011

Wedding & Anniversary Cards

I decided to post two cards I had received special orders for; both with wedding and anniversary themes. I admit, I got a little "stuck" creatively with ideas so I basically ended up making the same card twice, but considering the occasions, I don't think it was necessarily a bad thing.




The first card I had made was for a 50th wedding anniversary so I knew it had to be gold. The request was for something elegant and fancy, so I didn't feel that one of my standard Prismacolored whimsical stamps would necessarily fit the bill so after searching through all of my stamps, I found this very simple flourishes stamp, and simply used some gold ink. Then I decided that it still looked too plain so I added the paper flowers. I was happy with the results but the bottom right corner needed "something." I had intended to just add a simple sentiment but then I realized I had an embellishment center (that I always forget to look in), and I had these silver wedding rings. After spending far too much time figuring out how to intertwine them, I was able to do so, and glued them with some small glue dots, adding the tiny ribbon.


For the second card, I went with a basic black and white theme and used wedding themed designer paper. Instead of the ribbon, I close to create a scalloped boarder with some silver paper and frame it with black. Other than that - same card. :)
           

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Carrie said...

both are gorgeous!!! but i have to say i love the gray one and the little wedding rings are such a nice touch

Jan Hunnicutt said...

These both turn out beautifully, they will love them!

Crafty Creations said...

Beautiful cards Alissa! I love that you used wedding rings on them!!
The second card could of been used for my wedding! Those were my wedding colors :)
TGIF!
Maria

Paige said...

Oh, I love the image used on these tow beautiful cards!

Karen Howard said...

Very pretty and elegant, just perfect! It amazes me still every time I hear about your special orders! Your cards are absolutely brilliant! Hugs, Karen

Shelly Schmidt said...

Gorgeous- these are so pretty! Beautiful!

Marilyn said...

These are gorgeous. I like the clean lines & how it is so elegant & uncluttered.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...