Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Facebook Friends

Because I work full-time, I try my best to come up with efficient ways to get my crafting in. Obviously being in my craft room is the obvious and most efficient way to go, but I do like to be with my family too, so, one of the things that works for me is to print out and/or stamp some images ahead of time and color them while I'm watching TV in the living room. In the beginning, I used to have to catalog my inventory of paper just so I wasn't blindly coloring images, but now that my paper obsession has grown into a full-fledged sickness, I have found that there aren't many images that I can't link to DP anymore... it's very sad, but I've somehow convinced myself that it makes my life easier to have a ton and a half of paper, thus furthering my addiction.

For this card, I had colored this digi from Mo's Digital Pencil a few months ago and had it laying around in a pile of colored digis I wasn't sure what to do with. Then, because I'm a paper-aholic as stated above, I recently went and bought a mega-paper stack from K&Co and low and behold the first three sheets matched this image PERFECTLY.  I had no sketch pre-determined going into it, I just kind of laid everything out based on where the best features of the DP were. Then I just Nestied up the image and sentiment, added a few rhinestones and voila! Nice and easy card. With the latest trending social media platforms, I think a lot of people can relate with this card -- although I'm one of the few hundred people in the world to not be on Facebook...

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

jimlynn said...

It's great Alissa.....and your coloing on this is just terrific!!! Very cute card.
Lynn

Shelly Schmidt said...

Awesome- I always have trouble coloring images, then finding just the right paper- these go beautifully together- I love the image too!

Carrie said...

you did great matching the paper and image. i'm a paper hoarder too but i'm so much better at using it now. it really is an addiction

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...