Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New, Old Blog

Happy New Year everyone! I usually don’t make resolutions, but this year, I decided that I need to scale back on some things that are stressing me out, and make sure I’m doing the things that I enjoy and give me happiness. As a lot of you know, life in the craft blogging world has the tendency of getting out of control fast. There are so many groups and activities out there that we sometimes find ourselves over-extended. This happened to me once before and I ended up going 6 months without even entering my craft room once – and I refuse to let that happen again.

So… I’ve decided to start fresh with my main three responsibilities (well besides work of course!):

1.) My studio, hence the main reason I began blogging in the first place. Let’s face it, creating stuff just to create stuff really isn’t why we all do what we do. It’s to see the joy on the faces of others who receive the gifts we hand-craft. And heck, the extra money ain’t bad either. Therefore, I’m not letting this one go – although I vow to update my website more regularly, and begin using phrases such as “I’m sorry but I can’t possibly make 25 of those in one week.” :)

2.) This blog. I have found that I truly enjoy the blogging community and have cherished the blogging friends I have made this past year or so. However, I would like to branch out to include some of my other interests, finds, specials, daily deals and more, rather than just some random project I have finished or sold.

3.) Hubpages. I had no idea what Hubpages was until just 7 months ago, and it’s honestly one of the best things I’ve been asked to do.  Hubpages is an article-writing community and though it sounds a little intimidating, it’s actually not. I have made a significant amount of extra money through this site with just a few articles, and the best part of it is that unlike other article-writing communities that offer upfront minimal payouts per article, Hubpages articles will continue to make you money day after day. There are also no deadlines or requirements, so you are completely free to write whenever you’d like, about anything you’d like. (You can join Hubpages free by clicking here.)

I appreciate everyone’s comments throughout the past year and a half and I thank you all for inspiring me in more ways that I can imagine. Let’s all have a great new year!

(I'm still in the process of reconstructing this site so bear with me!)

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

jimlynn said...

GOOD FOR YOU ALISSA!!!!! My motto is always - don't get stressed! Life is way too short for that! Look forward to all your fabulous creations in the coming year!
Lynn

Crafty Creations said...

It's understandable!! I can lose myself in front of this computer for HOURS!!!!!! (as like right now!!!)

Destressing is a great resolution!!!
Maria

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...