Thursday, December 16, 2010

Holiday Penguin

 I'm hosting the Embellishment Challenge over at CDAC and decided to go with a "Glitz and Bling" theme. Check it out if you get a chance. The winner will win three free digi stamps. 

I love this black and white paper. It's definitely one of my all-time favs because you can use it so many different ways, and really, what better than when you're making a penguin card!  I colored the penguin with Prismas and then matted him with some scalloped Nestablities before adhering him with foam tape. The snowflake was a diecut I had which reminded me yet again that I don't have a snowflake punch and desperately need one. I glittered the edges with some Stickles for the "glitz" and then added the rhinestones for the "bling." The sentiment was from a foam stamp I've had for years and never used, and though you can't tell, the blue border is actually a ribbon.

Thanks for stopping by!


7 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Oh I love this cute Penguin! I will definitely get the printer going and color him up!!!

Laura said...

Super cute Penguin! I love that DP you used.Very Pretty.TFS

jimlynn said...

Oh so cute! Love your little penguin too. You've colored him so cute and I never can accomplish that! Mine always looked so "washed out". Also like that DP. Great card.

Paige said...

Love the bold design on the paper and the bright colors used with this image.

Marilyn said...

Such a cute little guy Alissa & you've got a really great card.

Carrie said...

I love how your penguin image looks like he is looking up at your big snowflake. So cute

Brenda Dean said...

Love the flock on his hat! And of course, I love the penguin!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...