Monday, November 1, 2010

Buttons and Bows


I made this card for the Buttons and Bows challenge at Stamps R Us. For the next two weeks, we are challenging everyone to make cards with a theme of, obviously, buttons and bows. The challenge is being sponsored by KLM Designs, so check it out!

For this card, I really struggled. I don't tend to use a lot of buttons OR bows on any of my cards, so incorporating the two was challenging for me. For whatever reason, this theme screamed baby card for me personally, so I went with that and pulled out a lot of my pastel paper to work off of. This is the first card I've created in a long time that has absolutely no stamping or coloring, but I've had these adorable baby chipboard cutouts for the longest time and I've been dying to use them! I propped the little dress up with foam squares, and then popped up the frame it's on with more foam tape for some dimension. I then added the "buttons and bows" for my embellies and it was history!

Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

Laura said...

Alissa,This is a super cute card!I had fun with the Challenge too.

Shelly Schmidt said...

I thought buttons and bows was hard- my niece will love it though! Love your card L.O.

Carrie said...

this is adorable Alissa! love that little bow at the top. Great job with the challenge and you're doing a great job with the blog too

Paige said...

Sweet card!

Ruth said...

This is really cute! My daughter loves it too.

Thank you for sharing!

Crafty Creations said...

A terrific baby card!! Love the patterned paper and the use of the mini buttons too :)
Maria

CatWoman said...

Very pretty girlie card. :) I love it.

Marilyn said...

Such pretty colours Alissa & I think the buttons & bow go perfectly with your paper.

Karen Howard said...

Alissa, you did fantastic with the challenge and your baby card is just adorable! Hugs, Karen

Patty said...

Love how you used the buttons and bow on your card, sooo cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...