Monday, August 30, 2010

Welcome Home

Well I did it. I made my first card using my own digi stamp and I cannot believe it! Like I said, it's been a grueling process -- much harder than I thought. But the good news is once the stamp is done, it's done. I created this stamp based on a house I had stayed at in Vermont a few years ago on vacation. I loved the house and especially remember the cranberry door. I wanted to start making cards with fall colors as my favorite season is quickly approaching so I chose chocolate brown, olive green, goldenrod and cranberry rhubarb DP to complement the colors in the stamp. I added a darker olive green ribbon just to add a little more color and made the embellishments by punching two different sized circles in the green and gold, and adhering a brown pearl to the center of each. The image is of course popped up with foam squares because I'm addicted to those darn things.

Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- gorgeous drawing and love the card- perfect colors too! Your digi's are amazing! TFS

Carrie said...

This is gorgeous..wow you're so talented Alissa, love the drawing of that house!!!!

Jenny said...

Such a pretty card! I love the colors and the layout is great!

jimlynn said...

Oh My!!! Alissa, this is just beautiful! Love your digi and the colors you used for this are so pretty.
I also checked out your "store"!!! FABULOUS digis.
Lynn

Lilsweetpea said...

OMgosh it's gorgeous. That stamp has got so much detail. You did a fabulous job.

Laura said...

WOW!! what a stunning card. I love it all.

Crafty Creations said...

Outstanding!!!! Congrats on your first digi-design!! You sure did it justice on this card!!
Beautiful coloring and design :)
Maria

Kathryn Myhre said...

WOW! Gorgeous card! Great image too!

CatWoman said...

Gorgeous card. The image is beautiful and you chose the perfect colours to accent it.

Paige said...

Congrats on an awesome digi! Beautiful card!

Patricia said...

Wow - what amazing detail in the house image! The color scheme is wonderful, too.

Karen Howard said...

Wow, this is gorgeous!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...