Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

King of the Grill


I made this card for the Stamps R Us Challenge #2.  For the next two weeks, the ladies of Stamps R Us are challenging everyone to design cards and altered items designed around an all male theme. For this card, I used the "Big Man Grilling" digi stamp from Mo's Digital Pencil, and colored it with chalks and Prismas. I went with an abstract sketch to try to pull in a lot of accent colors in the DP, and created embellishments using the same paper. The embellies are popped up with foam squares for dimension.  The only thing I somewhat regret is the semi-girly scalloped green striped DP. Oh well.... :)

Join us at Stamps R Us this week!

Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

Laura said...

What a fun challenge and your doing a really great job on the blog.Thanks for all the time your putting into it.

Lilsweetpea said...

Awesome card! Love the stamp... what a neat challenge.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

This is a wonderful stamp, you did a beautiful job on your card for the challenge! Masculine cards are a great challenge!

Carrie said...

Wow Alissa I love all the details on this card from the layout to the circles and the brads. Really fabulous card!!!

Paige said...

fun image and a great layout!

Patricia said...

I really like the "soft" look you achieved by combining chalks with the colored pencils. The mix of papers is great.

Karen Howard said...

A fabulous masculine card... did I mention that I can smell that all the way over hear, LOL!!! Thanks for all your hard work on the challenge blog, you are the BEST!

CatWoman said...

Fantastic colouring on this card. I have such a hard time making masculine cards. Most of my stuff is way too girly. :)

Patty (LaLatty) said...

Wonderful masculine card! Love your image and great lay out!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love this image- your coloring is so perfect- it is so soft and the blending is great! I like the DSP and BG even the green scallop works well with the layout.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...