Monday, August 23, 2010

Jaden Get Well


I made this card for the Stamps R Us Challenge #3 and I was soooo excited to have Sew Many Cards as the sponsor. Our challenge this week is to create a project that was designed with stitches, and I lucked out that the paper I chose to use ended up having stitches on it already, saving me a ton of time!

I chose Jaden Get Well as my digi stamp from Sew Many Cards and colored him with my Prismacolor Pencil and chalk combo. The edges on the image, as well as the edges of the sentiment were chalked with a little "blue sky" to make it stand out from the brown background. The sentiment needed a little more so I added a couple chocolate self-adhesive pearls. The DP, I believe, was in a paper stack I had collected ahile back. The nice thing about paper stacks is that they give you coordinating options and the stripes and polka dots went nicely together for this card. Other than that, it was a pretty basic card centered around an adorable focal image.

I hope you'll join us at Stamps R Us!

Thanks for stopping by!


6 comments:

jimlynn said...

Alissa, this is just THE CUTEST!!!!!! Love those colors you used and the layout is just fabulous. I STILL have a smile on my face after seeing this card. So cute.
Lynn

Laura said...

Alissa,I love the way this card came out.The DP is gorgeous.And your coloring is perfect.I just notice my paper has some kind of stiching too.

Crafty Creations said...

Alissa! I love your layout and your coloring of the giraffe is awesome!! What a great cheerful card to brighten someones day who's not feeling well!!!
Maria

Carrie said...

This is adorable. Love the faux stitching in the dp. The SRU blog looks great Alissa

Lilsweetpea said...

Oh this card is wonderful! Your coloring is amazing. Super cute!

Sew Many Cards said...

Love Love Love how you colored Jaden--- I would love to use this in the store gallery!?!?

Angela
Sew Many Cards

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...