Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Best Friends - Etsy Inspired Challenge #95

Came across a really neat challenge recently. It's called the Etsy Inspired Challenge, and the premise is quite clever. Each week, you are asked to design a creation inspired by a product in an artisan's shop. This week, the artisan was Kimmieprout who makes the most amazing polymer clay embellishments. I chose her Granny Handmade Polymer Clay Buttons just because I really liked the color. Are they great or what?

This is a picture of the buttons I used for inspiration:


And this is the friendship card I submitted:


I love this stamp from Mo's Digital Pencil. Her characters are a lot of fun. The stamp was colored with my Prismas and then I chalked the edges. She's attached with foam squares for dimension. The sentiment atop the ribbon is also attached with foam squares. The paper was too perfect a match to pass this up!

CARD DESIGN:
Stamps: "Patience" - Mo's Digital Pencil, "Best Friends" acrylic stamp
Paper: DCWV
Ink: Staz-on, Prismacolor Pencils, chalks
Accessories: ribbon, flower punches, foam squares

Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

SmilynStef said...

Oh my goodness, that poor little kittie ... I'm sure he's very patient since he gets so much attention (our cat was always that way) ... wonderful inspired card.

Carrie said...

great inspiration and super cute card! Love the layout and that image is adorable

de said...

Super cute card! Love where your inspiration took you!

Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

Karin said...

How totally cute! Awesome job on the challenge :)

Jan Hunnicutt said...

I love your card Alissa, that kitty looks like he or she might belong at our house! Beautiful job coloring-

Virginia L. said...

Fabulous color combo for this card! Glad that you joined us in EI challenge!

jimlynn said...

SO VERY CUTE! Love that paper you used too. Precious.
Lynn

Anonymous said...

That card is soooo cute. You got the inspiration from my cat I see........ - Kell

laurasixpaperbits said...

Thanks for showing your inspiration, as well as your beautiful card. I almost feel bad for the kitty, he is being over-loved. :)

Mickymar said...

Alissa, those little buttons look so yummy. Your work is exceptional!!! I have always felt that handmade is 'HEARTMADE' I will be back to view more!

Gift Baskets

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...