Sunday, February 21, 2010

All Things Grow with Love Cards

There's no better to get back into the swing of things than to accomplish a few challenges. This week, I went with an "All Things Grow with Love" theme for two different challenges.

The first card was for the Sweet Sketch Wednesday Challenge #37. It was a sketch challenge sponsored by Sally Ann from DigiStamp Boutique so I knew I had to play along.
For this card I used the Garden Flowers digi stamp from DSB and went with vibrant spring colors. The paper is from DCWV. I loved how it picked up the spring flowers in the background.

The flower stamp itself was colored with Prismas and then bordered with scalloped Nestablities. The sentiment was computer generated and placed on a smaller scalloped Nestabilitized oval. I layed a bunch of different colored flower punches on top of each other to try to pick up all the colors in the card, and then popped it up with a foam square. I am now officially ready for Spring!

The second card was for the Stamps 'R Us Challenge #3, hosted by the fabulous Carrie. It was a color challenge in which you could only use Red, Black and White. Here is my submission.

I went with a very simple design, and used a basic sentiment bordered in scalloped Nestabilities as well as a hand-punched, popped up flower to highlight the classic colors in the DP. The flower consists of two large punched flowers seperated with a foam tape square for dimension with the bottom flower being inked at the edges in red to match the background DP. The rhinestones were added last when I realized it needed a little something more. Many thanks to Carrie for putting the challenge together.

Thanks for visiting!

12 comments:

sweetbloominscraps said...

Both cards are beautiful. So bright and cheery. Thanks for playing at SSW!

mulberry station said...

I love your bright spring colors. The image is so cute. it makes me fell spring is just around the corner. Thanks for joining us at SSW.
Nancy SSW-DT

jimlynn said...

Wow, these are wonderful! I like both of them!!!

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Wonderful cards!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!!
Sheri-SSW DT

Stacy said...

Your cards are so pretty! I love how the paper and image match so well on the first one, you did such a wonderful job coloring! The second one is such a pretty contrast! I am so glad you could join us at SSW, I enjoyed seeing your cards!

Terry Oulboub said...

Oooh...the way you layered your nestabilities is so cool - love that paper! Your cards are both very cute and you're right - the best way to get back in the swing of things is to create. ;D Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!

Donna said...

This is such a delightful and pretty card...thanks for joining us at SSW this week :) Donna x

Lisa T said...

Gorgeous cards! I really loved the bright colors in your first card. Thanks for playing along this week with Sweet Sketch Wednesday!

Karen Howard said...

LOVE both these cards! I really like the bright colors and flowers in the first! Awesome take on this months color challenge.

Patty (LaLatty) said...

Oh, I really love your first card, it's so bright and cheery and I'm so ready for spring to arrive.

Love your second card as well, I really like how your made your flower, I'll have to try that now.

Carrie said...

Alissa love both your cards especially the Stamps R Us challenge card, beautiful and love your use of the colors.

lcamacho said...

Wow!!! love your blog.I dont know why I didnt have you on my stamps r us blog list.I'm so sorry.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...