Pages

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Bee My Valentine Card

Hey everyone! Just quickly posting a new card for Valentine's Day before I run off to get some more work done. Not really that thrilled with the way it came out, but it will just have to do for the time being... or beeing, I should say.


I really love my Bee Trio stamp from Stampendous and haven't used it in awhile so I went ahead and used it for this card, which turned out to be a little bit of an unconventional Valentine. Instead of the traditional red, white and pink, I threw in some more of the tropical blue and sunny yellow, and found some scrap My Mind's Eye paper that picked up all four of the prominent colors. I used Copics for the little guys, outlined them in Prismas for depth and then filled their wings with Stickles for a little glimmer. The sentiment was computer generated, and flowers hand-punched with a brad in the center. 

Thanks for visiting!



8 comments:

Karen Howard said...

Love the bee stamp and the bright colors you used! Very fun and lighthearted card! LOVE the signature by the way!!!

lcamacho said...

Love the Stamp too.they are sooo cute!You did a great job on the colors

Alissa said...

lol Thanks Karen!

Sketchbookstudioart said...

Hi Alissa,
Thank you so much for your kind words. I think your work is great and I loved visiting your Boutique. I will look forward to seeing your new creations. Lots of good luck to you!

Carrie said...

Such a cute stamp, love the fun papers you used. Great card

jimlynn said...

So cute. Love all those bright colors!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love this card- great stamp and I love the colors! Fun

Sara and Co said...

Love, love, love this card! The bright colors are fantastic! The bee is, well, the bee's knees! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...