Pages

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Inspire me!

Vera Bradley "Vera" Bag Purse in Java Blue It's kind of funny to think of all the things that give you inspiration. For those of you who know me best, I am a complete Coach nut. In fact, the second walk-in closet in our master bedroom is completely dedicated to all my Coach paraphernalia. So it should be no surprise that my latest creation was inspired from Coach's new Tartan Spotlight bag.
Sounds funny but as I was sitting in the middle of my craft room last night watching the So You Think You Can Dance finale attempting to clean up some of my crafty crapola before it gets completely out of hand, it all came together.  I've had this chunky purple heart pendant I bought because I thought it was pretty (you're never supposed to do that, but I did), and in the months - if not years - I've had it, I've picked it up and put it down about 100 times. I just never could figure out what to do with it to make it "work." But suddenly when I saw the purple and pink in this bag, it all came together.  

Whenever I would try to build the design around the pendant before, it always seemed to be constructed around purple beads and stones only, but when I added some different shades of purple, and then dipped into the pink color family just a bit, I was actually pleased with the result.  Here's the finished product.
A similiar thing happened when my latest Thinking of You card came out looking an awful lot like Vera Bradley Java Blue Pattern bag.
Though not a Vera fan myself, I've spent a pretty good amount of time on the website buying gifts for my mom (who really should probably be a spokesmodel for the company at this point)  and I always seem to be drawn to this pattern.  I love how the blues, teals and browns all go together. Very pretty.


For the Thinking of You card it was inspired from, I knew I wanted to keep with a very simple pattern and let the colors do all the work. I basically just used two half-pieces of patterned My Mind's Eye paper, and tied them together with a plain strip of blue/teal cardstock.  I went back and forth with which stamp to use before digging through my chipboard drawer and finding this flower that I feel couldn't have been more perfect.

Related Hubs:


Thanks for visiting.

~Alissa

3 comments:

Carrie said...

What fantastic creations from your inspiration pieces.

lcamacho said...

WOW!!!Very Pretty love the Heart pendant too

Karen Howard said...

Gorgeous card!!! I love the designer bags and the heart pendant!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...