Saturday, November 28, 2009

Altered Recipe Box with Thank You Notes

Just finished this really cute notecard set for a friend of mine and liked the design of the cards so much, I made another set for the boutique. I love the black and white design contrasted against the vibrant colors.  Very trendy right now.

To make these cards, I searched my arsenal for four different patterns of black and white, and then cut them to a little less than half the card.  Then I found cardstock in pink, teal, lime green and red, and cut them to bump up against the black and white.  To tie the two papers together, I adhered ribbon in coordinating colors in the center of the card to finish the design.

The "Thank You" sentiment is stamped on a 1 1/2" by 2 1/2" block of white cardstock, and then matted it on black to make it pop. 


For her set, I wanted to make a box she could keep the cards in so I rummaged through my craft pantry and found a recipe box I had found in a dollar bin at Michaels.  I covered all sides of the box with this really pretty pink patterned paper, and then used a lighter shade of the same paper for the box top.  I painted the inside of the box with raspberry acrylic paint and then adhered a ribbon to the lid and voila! 




Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

Jacquelyn said...

Alissa,

I just received my cards in the mail today. They are even prettier in person. Thank you so much! Wish you hadn't posted these new thank you cards. I might just have to browse again... :-D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...